Pennsylvania Office Of Developmental Programs (ODP) issues funding opportunity for technology to enhance Home and Community Based Services
American Rescue Plan Act: One-Time Supplemental Payment to Provide Funding for Technology That Enhances the Provision of Home and Community Based Services: Announcement 22-043
On April 15, 2022, ODP announced that as part of their allotted American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) plan to enhance and strengthen ODP HCBS beyond what is available under the Medicaid program, providers or Supports Coordination Organizations (SCO’s) can apply to receive a one time payment for technology related activities as stated in the following attached announcement/application up to $20,000. The following are what Providers and SCO’s can use these funds for:
As part of the Office of Developmental Programs’ (ODP) ARPA plan, providers can receive a one-time supplemental payment for technology related activities that strengthen and enhance HCBS. The following activities would be supported by this initiative:
• purchase of assistive and/or remote support technology
• purchase and implementation of new software or technology for electronic health
• technology associated with improving quality or risk management functions
• technology professional credentialing identified in ODP provider qualifications
• purchase of consultation services to enhance technological capabilities
This initiative is designed to enhance HCBS by:
• replacing staff functions with the use of technology, allowing staff time to be
directed to other care activities.
• providing individuals greater independence and choice using technology
• improving quality of care through implementation of solutions like electronic
health records and integrated data solutions.
Supports Coordination Organizations:
As part of the ODP ARPA plan, SCOs can receive a one-time supplemental payment for technology related activities that enhance HCBS by:
• improving capacity to conduct remote monitoring of individuals
• improving efficiency of Supports Coordinators including maximizing time in the
• obtaining or enhancing secure inter-office communications
• implementing technology dependent quality improvement strategies.
The applications will be accepted beginning immediately and end on October 31, 2022. Applications should be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Providers/SCO’s will be notified of approval on a rolling monthly basis around the 15th of each month. Please note, there is an application for SCO’s and an application for Providers below that are separate.