Staff working with children, youth and families involved in the child welfare and delinquency systems must understand the importance of being safe while helping to ensure the safety of others. Many harmful incidents can be avoided if staff recognize and respond appropriately to potentially volatile situations. . Learning Objectives · Assess the use of verbal and …
May 4, 2023 @ 10:00 am
Staff working with children, youth and families involved in the child welfare and delinquency systems must understand the importance of being safe while helping to ensure the safety of others. Many harmful incidents can be avoided if staff recognize and respond appropriately to potentially volatile situations. .
· Assess the use of verbal and nonverbal communication skills during client-staff interactions
· Deepen the ability to self-regulate emotions and manage stress levels
· Identify the best practices that enhance a client’s ability to manage emotions and the recommended contexts for delivery
· Analyze the variable reasons why children and adults exhibit challenging behaviors
· Increase the ability to reframe a challenging interaction with a client
· Match the correct staff verbal and nonverbal responses with the defined escalation stage of clients
· Demonstrate evidence-based techniques to prevent and de-escalate a crisis situation developing between a client and staff member or between clients
Cost: $40 for PCCYFS members, $60 for the public. PCCYFS will invoice your agency after the training if payment was not received in advance or if there is any inconsistencies with PCCYFS membership.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations will be accepted up to one hour prior to the scheduled web-based course or registration deadline, whichever comes first. Non-attending registrants will incur for their agency the same fee as if they had attended. Cancellation information can be found in the registration details. All substitutions must be sent to email@example.com.
Certificate Policy: Certificates will be processed only for those who are actively engaged. This is verified by participation in polls, verbal/chat responses, and log in time. Attendance less than 50 minutes per 1 hour scheduled, will be considered unsatisfactory.
Continuing Education: CEUs for social workers, counselors, therapists are available upon request with a $10 processing fee.
PCCYFS will maintain electronic and on-site records for two years; after two years, records will be sent to storage. You may apply for CEUs if the evaluation was completed in a timely manner
The Pennsylvania Council of Children Youth & Family Services (PCCYFS) #SWPR004114 is approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors to offer continuing education for social workers, marriage and family therapists and professional counselors. PCCYFS maintains responsibility for the program(s).